Parents, Guardians and older siblings are asked to offer their services for various volunteer tasks on Club nights and at matches. This is to ensure that the activities which the club is involved in can take place:-
- Assisting at Athletics matches – helping judge events, with qualified officials, helping team managers or collecting results and displaying them at home matches
- Helping with refreshments on a rota at matches and on training evenings (one of the main ways the club raises funds to keep down fees)
- Fund Raising/ Sponsorship
- Assisting coaches – raking pits, moving hurdles, helping with high jump and pole vault bars during training
- Helping with awards night – trophy collection and cleaning
- Supporting committee members in carrying out duties including Induction evenings
The Club will support any volunteer who wishes to become qualified as a Coach or Official.
If you wish to volunteer in any way please speak to your coach, club secretary, chair or volunteer co-ordinator.